Thursday, January 20, 2011

ZUMBA!

Last night my husband had class and the baby was in bed by 7:30, which meant I actually had some time to myself.  Instead of sitting on the couch staring at the television, I decided to get some physical activity in.

Now, I have always been into fitness, I danced when I was younger, and I have some workout videosI would do here and there.  About 4 years ago I got into running, which I love, but my schedule these days doesn't always provide me the time to squeeze in a run.  I've been looking for a quick workout that doesn't require any equipment or gear, just something I can pop in the DVD and go to town.  I requested the Zumba Fitness DVD from my mom for Christmas.  I've heard a lot about the workout and thought it sounded just like what I have been searching for to help me stay active.

I've watched some of the DVDs and tried out a few of the moves, but last night was the first night I actually  got into it and completed the entire workout.  Let me just say I thought that I had at least had some rhythm, but I was way wrong.  The way the instructors move is just CRAZINESS sometimes, and I found it hard to keep up with the steps.  However, it did have me sweating and that's the whole point isn't it?  I think I'm going to get into it, and hopefully I'll get better as I do it more and more.  I have another session planned for tonight because it's the hubby's turn to put baby to bed!  A night off!

No comments:

Post a Comment