Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was an extended one for me.  Being a federal employee I get to reap the benefits off all of the federal holidays.  It all started Friday afternoon.  I went to lunch with some coworkers to blow off a little steam, and ended up taking more time than I had planned on.  But, what can I say, it was a good time!

Saturday our little sweet pea had us up at 6:30 am.  Instead of sitting around complaining about how exhausted I was, I decided to take full advantage.  I got the laundry sorted and started while daddy got a head start on his homework.  I have to say the early start helped us a great deal.  After lunch we headed out to Wegman's to pick up a few things.  I stocked up on the items I needed to make this burger.  More on that below...

We spent Saturday evening at a neighbor's house watching the Steelers play Baltimore.  I brought my little pea home around 7:30 for bedtime, and after that it was a quiet evening in for mommy, while daddy continued to party and watch football at the neighbor's.

Sunday was grocery shopping day.  I had to do this trip by myself since daddy had a little too good of a time Saturday night at our neighbor's house.  But, I'm not complaining.  I find I have more sucessful shopping trips when I go alone.  I could browse the products and produce for hours, and the rest of my family is just not into that sort of thing.  For dinner that night was a fantastic lasagna, which I made half with the traditional filling for my husband and half with chicken sausage and chopped spinach for myself.  I have been making it for years the same way and I am just now realizing I can substitute healthy ingredients for my taste and keep the same things my husband likes.  It was a hit! 

Yesterday was Martin Luther King Day which meant a day off work, and my hubby ended up calling into work sick as well.  I think he needed another day to recover.  It was a great day off together though, we had a lot of fun!  We went out and about and did some shopping.  I made the stuffed Portabello burger for lunch, and oh my, it was delicious!  I have never made anything like that before but it was super easy!  I'm so happy I have another mushroom cap in the package because I totally plan on making it again.  I must say that most of my food choices were good ones this weekend, and I feel better than I have in a long time!  I figure that there are a lot of things in my life that I may not be able to control, but my diet is not one of them!  I may not always find time to squeeze in a workout or get a manicure, but good food choices are always an option.

Today is really uneventful.  We got about an inch of snow topped with freezing rain overnight, so my work was delayed 2 hours.  Let me just say I used to enjoy the 2 hour delay for work, but not so much anymore.  Not with a 10 month old who doesn't sleep in and gets in to EVERYTHING.  Let's just say by the time I did make it to work this morning, I was already exhausted from a morning of play  :)

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment